Skip to main content

When is a BMW club run a MuZ run?????

Bruce Campbell, MuZ Tour owner, invited me along on the BMW Touring Club NSW ride today. It was arranged that we meet at Mac’ers at Rouse Hill. I was expecting a whole heap of BMs. From 650s through to 1200s. When I arrived there was one BMW GS1200 and Kwaka 1500 Vulcan. Bruce rolled in on his MuZ. Then a Yammie TDM arrived and a Suzuki DR650. And as we left we picked up a Honda TransAlp. Now hang on this is a BMW ride. Not anymore. It’s a MuZ ride as we outnumbered the other bikes. Hehehehe.



The meeting time was 8:30am and by 8:45 we were on our way. The 1200 and Vulcan where 2 up. The TDM was 2 up too. As you will see below. Chillie loved the ride.




Bruce set a good pace that seemed to suit all of us. Making our way to Wisemans Ferry, using same route when 3 of us MuZ riders went up that way in July, Bruce took us down along River Rd that follows the Hawkesbury River. This is such a beautiful route. Also it is off the beaten track. So the traffic is very light. At times its very narrow road that has gravel patches. Everyone rode this with no problems at all. Once we had crosssed the Hawkesbury River via the ferry it was onto Kulnura for brunch at Jerry's Gourmet Kitchen via Spencer and Mangrove Mountain.




I have never been to Kulnura. Stupid me. It’s a Bikers Haven. Jerry cooks some very good food too. The girls in the shop bring the food out to you. So you can sit back and chat bikes and wait for a delicious meal to arrive. Bike fly past every few minutes. Or arrive for food and fuel.

Here is a selection of some of the bikes seen at Jerry's today.











After lunch I headed off by myself and made my way to The Entrance. I went to visit some very old friends John and Leanne. I used to rally with them in the 80s. I have not seen them in around 15 years. Leanne was not home, but John was. It was good to just sit and talk about the Rally we had gone to. The people we used to known and the silly things we did back then.

All too soon it was time to head for home. The Freeway back too Sydney took me as far as Mt White and I turned onto the Old Pacific and a quick stop at Road Warriors.



A good fang down to Hornsby Heights and then through Galston Gorge brought me back to suburban traffic and the boring roads back to my garage.

Thank you Bruce for once again leading a great ride. Also to the others on the ride (Sorry I have forgotten your names. I am very bad when it comes to names. At least I remembered Chillie's name.) it was really good to ride with you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuning 40mm BING CV carburetors for BMW motorcycles by ear.

Steve Doyle has put together this great and simple guide to tuning your Bing carbs. No need for expensive tuning equipment. So over to Steve...... Any feed back on this How To please email me and I will pass it onto Steve. There are 3 common methods to syncing the carbs. They will all work 1. Shorting the plugs. http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/synchcarbs.htm and http://www.airheads.org/content/view/216/98/ 2. Using a manometer of some sort. Carbtune, Twinmax or home made http://www.airheads.org/content/view/183/98/ 3. Using your ears. No comprehensive articles that I could find.. In the spirit of learning to service and tune at home and after lots of reading, I decided that for me the "by ear" technique might be the most useful, as it doesn't require any special tools and can be performed anywhere. There is no risk of electrical damage to the bike or the one doing the adjusting. It was very difficult to find a comprehensive description of the procedure, so using the combi

On a Sure Footing....

I love my BMW. More than any other bike I have owned. This doesn’t mean that it is not without its blemishes. Take the hair trigger sidestand. Known to fold up when an Alpaca herder in the Andres sneezes and the bike is in Australia. Many a BMW owner has found their bike on its side on the ground. Fairing broken. The sidestand has folded up into the raised position. Why? Because it likes to. Once the smallest amount of weigh transfers off the side stand it will fly up. Also if you have an RT type fairing as mine does you can not put the stand down when sitting on the seat. Well I can’t with my short legs. I have to clamber off the bike while holding it up right and then use centre stand. I don’t trust the sidestand. This Video shows how vicious the original sidestand is. Click on the play button. That all changed yesterday. I fitted a SureFoot sidestand . Moto-Bins in the UK supply these. They are of a very sturdy construction. Comes with full fitting instructions and 2 new

Ride impression of the Yamaha MT-03.....

Yamaha have realeased their new 660 based single. The MT-03. See I so want one....MT-03 The bike can be had in Europe but not here in Aussie land. I have asked Yamaha Australia if they will bring them in. They said "No plans at this stage to introduce the MT03 in to Australia." To rub salt into the wounds, axxess , the forum admin guy at http://forum.monoconnection.nl/ got to ride one. NOOOO!!! So unfair. He translated his ride impression into English for those of us who will not get to ride this. Thank you mate for doing this for us. So lets see what he has to say..... Saturday 16 February I could try the Yamaha MT-03 at Gebben Motors. I could try a brand new red 2008 model. After a short instruction and a warning because of the new tires we were ready to go! The first thing I noticed was the enormous wide steer and the upright riding position It gave me a feeling of absolute control and power! The seat was quit hard but not uncomfortable at all. Unless it was still freez